reCAPTCHA v2 Setup Instructions:
From the dark gray admin bar on the left side of your website, click the last "Settings" option followed by "Integrations". Next, scroll down and to the reCaptcha area. Click the 'More Info' link in the top right of the reCAPTCHA section or click this link https://www.google.com/recaptcha/
Note: You will need a google email account so if you don't already have one.
On the reCAPTCHA site, complete the following steps:
- Click the "Admin Console" link or button at the top right of the screen.
- Give your account a label. The name of your website works well. Note: because it is possible - though not probable - to set up multiple websites on the same account it is important to distinguish them from each other.
- Select the option: reCAPTCHA v2, and then select "I'm not a robot" Checkbox.
- Domains: you will want to add ALL the domain names that are associated with your website. If you are not sure what domain names are associated with your website, you can go to your website, Settings, Domains and Email - there is a list of all associated domain names there.
Note: a domain name does not use http or www
- Optional: If you'd like to add owners to this Label, add their email addresses.
- Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of service
- Indicate whether or not you (and any other owners you've added) would like to get alerts.
- Submit the form.
- On screen you will see two alphanumeric coded keys - a 'Site Key' and a 'Secret Key'.
Keep the reCAPTCHA website open in one browser tab and have the Integrations page of your website open in another browser tab. Now follow these last steps:
- Copy and Paste the Site Key intoto the field also named 'Site Key' on the integrations page of your website.
- Copy and Paste the Secret Key intoto the field also named 'Secret Key' on the integrations page of your website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the integrations page and click the blue "Save" button.
When you have added these keys and saved the page, all the forms on your website will be automatically protected with reCAPTCHA.
reCAPTCHA will stop the automated (non-human) filling out of your forms which is the most common reason for receiving email with content not relating to your website. Keep in mind that real people get paid to fill out these forms with advertising messages. reCAPTCHA will not stop these real live people spammers.