Top Hat Alerts
Top hats go at the very top of your website before any of the rest of your content. These can be very useful for relaying information to your visitors of your site be it closures or an important piece of information that you want everyone to know about.
How to add a Top Hat Alert to your website
- Click on settings located on the black bar on the left
- Scroll down until you see "Messages" and click on that
- Fill in the Site Hat Notice Section Notice: This is your message. (140 character limit)
Display Until: This is the end date you set that tells the Top Hat when it should no longer be displayed
Information Page: This is a drop-down that has all the pages on your website listed. Choosing one of these pages will add a link to the Top Hat to be clicked and will take users to this page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of that page and save.
- Go to any page of your website to see the the Top Hat at the top of the website. I twill look something like this:
- To change it's appearance follow the instructions found on the Advanced Top-Hat Alert page